Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Montreal Bound ?

My good friend from Morocco is in Montreal . Mr Khalid Mrini , the president of the Moroccan Ice Hockey Federation ! I really am trying to put a trip together to go visit him and finally meet Adil El Farj , obviously i want to get on the ice when i am there and would love to meet up with some other old friends . From the looks of it i will plan to head out there on Saturday Feb. 22 early in the morning . I can't leave Friday as i have a game that night ... i mean i could head out after the game but with all possibility it would be a waste of a day as my game is at 10 pm meaning it would end at 11 and i would get out of the room by 11:30 and on the road for something between 5-6 hours so i would arrive around 6 am and would basically have to go to sleep wasting a day :( probably better to drive out in the morning .

I am looking at ideas of renting a mini van to drive there and possibly collecting any equipment i can to donate to my friends in Morocco . They could use some equipment and i think they have collected some stuff already to send out there ... the more the merrier . I am not officially doing this yet ... if i fly i won't be able to take extra gear with me because of extra baggage, weight,etc .... i always like to help out however i can .

If i do end up going i will try to stay until the Monday morning so that leaves me with time constraints .... play hockey , eat poutine , drink Maudite , and visit the depeneur aka drunken owl LOL . I know a few friends out there that will want to meet up and i hope i can co-ordinate meeting everyone but with so little time it might be hard ... unless you all come to play hockey ? As i mentioned earlier this is all in the works right now and if all goes as planned i will figure out when i can get on the ice , if its with a team or open shinny or a game ! Most importantly i wanna chill out with my Moroccan buddies and watch Team Canada win the GOLD MEDAL :) yeah that is Feb 23 ... that would make for a very special weekend + i won't be arguing so much with them about how the Leafs are a better club then the Habs LOL .

For some reason Schwartz's deli just popped into my mind .... mmmm!!!!!

Have a great weekend :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment