Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Not Again ?!?!?!?


Every trip has to come to an end even the short ones and as usual i woke up feeling a bit of sadness as my good friends Khalid and Adil have went beyond all barriers to make sure i had a good time in Montreal . Guys i have said it more then once ... you are both world class hosts ! Thank you :) It was great to meet both of your families , i still can't believe how well behaved all of your children are ... seriously ! All great kids i hope to see them all become hockey players for the Moroccan National Team :) 

So we dropped Khalid's children off at school and went on a minor adventure trying to find St.Viature Bagel so i can buy a dozen to take with me home . There are more then 1 location on the same street LOL and we were meeting Adil at one of them .... i figured it was the one that seemed to look familiar and it was , i picked up 3 sesame seed , 3 poppy , 3 plain  and 3 cinnamon raisin for Kathleen . Most are gone already and i have only been home for 3 days hahahaha... they are like candy mmmmm!!!! So we meet Adil and i transfer my bag from Khalid's car to Adil's and we say our good-byes ... Khalid i will see you in July in Rabat :) 

Adil thanks for the ride to and from the airport and everything in between ! Great weekend . The airport was quiet i get to baggage drop they didn't even weigh my bag :P clear security with no problem ( still have the beard ) and i even had time to hit up the Air Canada Lounge to eat , fill my bag with pretzels and drink Cola ...not in the mood for beer for some reason . I had 1 Lounge pass left so when i left the lounge i looked for a lonely traveller and found one ... this guy was a big guy !!! i approached said hi and asked if his connection flight was anytime soon , he somberly said no . I said are you flying Air Canada ( he needs to have a ticket to show in lounge to get in ) he somberly said yes , he sounded American . I reached in my bag and told him it was his lucky day , he gave me an odd look like should i be ready to punch this guy or what is he going to do to me as i shuffled through my backpack . When i pull out the pass i explain to him you can go to the lounge for free and eat and drink as much as you want , i handed the pass to him .... his face lit up like a Christmas tree on Christmas Eve . He was very thankful , it was good to do something nice for someone and get a good reaction . The guy in Toronto wasn't so excited thus not as satisfying . 

I boarded flight , some confusion with who was sitting where with some other passengers which i settled for everyone and settled in for flight .... entertainment screen is not functioning for first bit but comes up and i get to finish watching Gravity which was a pretty good flick . When we land i go to get my luggage and notice that there is no line at the baggage counter so i go to see if i can get an email to write to someone about my lost luggage on my last trip .... this is crazy .... while i am standing there time flies and next thing there are people from my flight asking where their luggage was ???? Not again , you gotta be kidding me right . I tell the guy helping me that i guess my luggage is lost ? we go for a walk and it has not arrived either , this time my sticks and my gear missing .... mass confusion ensues over the walkies looking for all this luggage from flight 415 from Montreal . Even the guy serving me can't believe luggage is lost on a direct flight LOL he thinks it will show on next flight but all of a sudden over the walkie i hear them say that they found a luggage canister left behind out near the plane ???? Really ! So we all went to the carousel and waited , it took 1.5 hours for my bag to finally arrive after my flight had landed . But at least my bag showed up .... 






No comments:

Post a Comment