Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Meeting People

Morning ,

So travelling is amazing i just wanted to say that ! Sometimes you meet people and you get attached to them and know that they would be really close friends if they lived back home near you ... i have met a lot of people like this . And then sometimes these really awesome people that you meet have things happening in their lives that end up not working out so well :(

Over the years of doing this i have unfortunately met some really really amazing people that have passed away , and i will never forget them ! I kinda wanted to talk about them and i hope the people that introduced me to these people understand that i miss them .... i will never forget going to Indonesia meeting this crazy guy name Jusuf and his gf ... they took me out for a night of karaoke and showed me a great time there , unfortunately she passed away from some illness later that year . Another friend i met on that trip brought me to his apartment and his amazing wife Sinta ( i think that is how it is spelled ) made me this amazing dinner after watching a Leafs game with Stephane the Habs fan ... sadly she passed this past year from an illness as well :(

When i was in Germany i stayed with my good friend Nate at his grandparents and i will never forget getting driven to the airport by his grandfather who didn't speak any English and i didn't speak any German but we had a fun time together ... sadly his grandfather passed away .... i am not sure where to go with this i can go on and on and it just makes me more and more sad to think about this .....all these awesome people that i have asked about and are not around any more !

This past week 2 of the most amazing people i have had the privilege of staying at my house travelling from Argentina had a really really bad car accident ... i am hoping right now for their speedy recovery , they were lucky to have gotten away without serious injury but were hurt none the less .

Travelling can be an emotional experience , i am sure those of you that enjoy travelling think about somebody they have lost every time they land in a new country ... for me it is my long lost best friend Chris Brzezicki , every time the plane lands i always think that he would be with me when i land somewhere .

i didn't mean for this post to be so somber but at the moment i am thinking about this and it is not the first time i have thought about all this ... i just felt today , now was the best time for me to talk about it :(

I hope Javier and Anita get well ASAP !!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment