Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Brazil Will Be My Next Flag

The other week i finally booked my flight to Rio de Janeiro :) i leave Toronto with my good friend Timo on June 27th and arrive in Brazil in the morning on June 28th .... it is not a short flight , connecting in Houston but total travel is something like 15 hours !!! I fly back on July 24th from Buenos Aires,Argentina :) So the ball is rolling now ...

This week i got confirmation from the hotel we are booking in Rio , Hotel Entremares in Barra di Tijuca which is a new area not too far from Copacabana and really close to the arena which we will play at . Funny the confirmation i was given doesn't really have a # or anything , it is just a letter with all our names and the dates we are staying there .... yeah i know this is probably not a 5 star hotel but it was suggested to me by my contact over there in Rio . He lives near there so hopefully it will make it easier for us :)

Today i have to book my flight to Iguazu Falls to see one of the new 7 wonders of nature , should be amazing and Andi will hopefully organize our room there while i begin looking for rooms in Buenos Aires and Punta Arenas ....  our friend in Punta Arenas has already begun sending us places to stay but i don't think any of us really want to stay in hostels on this trip so we will probably opt for the Best Western that is there and apparently is the cheapest option for us aside from the $21/night hostel . Don't get me wrong i don't mind staying in hostels but i think we are planning to go a bit more posh on this trip seeing how we are spending a bundle to go there anyway LOL *sidenote* i need a sponsor , anyone know anyone that can hook me up with flight for future ? HAHAHA! yeah i know you probably would be using that connection already if possible !

I just can't wait for this trip to happen ! Things have been pretty hectic for me here lately with a crazy work week , playoffs for hockey , organizing my Ghetto Classic etc.. i haven't really had too much time to write blogs or plan my trip but it is good that i am ahead of the game at this point seeing how i have already begun booking flights and rooms .... i am sure all will be booked within the next few weeks . Hopefully when Andi gets home as i am sure he is bouncing around the south Pacific right now with his gear :) we can get some things done faster as it is hard to get a hold of him right now ... yeah i know you are reading this :P

Can't forget to give a shout out to all my Irish friends today !!! Happy St. Patty's Day Lads !!!!!

better get back to researching hotels ....

No comments:

Post a Comment