Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Am i alone ?


Just wanted to let you all know that i am not the only goalie travelling the world playing hockey .... Last night we ( Ghetto Blasters ) had a scrimmage and i invited Robert Gray out to be our other goalie .

Rob is a goalie that i met in Dubai .... i was there playing in their tournament with the Malta Pirates . We had a game vs. a team that wore yellow and unfortunately my team wore yellow , or actually they had other jerseys but they didn't have a goalie cut for me so i was stuck with yellow . Most time refs don't care but for some reason on this day they did and asked me to change my jersey . I was livid and took things harder then i shoulda ( goalies can be quite emotional ) .

I told the ref i didn't have another jersey and when i looked over to the benches i saw Rob waving his jersey around , so i skated over and he said i could borrow it but i had to make sure to keep it lucky LOL .

So at the time Rob was living in Dubai playing for the Mighty Camels and teaching , now he is back in Canada down near St. Catharines . I never had the chance to play against Rob so it was inevitable that i beg him to come out with us .... and let me tell you it was more satisfying hanging out with Rob then it was playing opposite him . He is just that good !

I know i had a great time sharing stories with Rob about travelling here and there . Rob has probably played in as many countries as i have and is not slowing down . Hopefully i can get him to come out again in the future as it is always a pleasure having these skaters/goalies out to skate with my team here .

wearing Rob's jersey in this pic
So if you are or were wondering at some point if i am the only one doing this here is your answer : NO . I just seem to be the only one writing about it . And also if you are wondering about last nights outcome ...it was a tie :) everyone was a winner !

No comments:

Post a Comment