Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Arizona Trip


Hope you all love this pic I just snapped of myself . Take a guess where I am and if I’m happy or not ? 

I know I never finished writing about my last trip and let’s just say I didn’t want to get too negative to end off an amazing journey . And let’s just say I won’t fly through India again . For no reason , no way , never ! Those of you that have read my ramblings before know I can be a bit of a moaner and I’m trying to steer away from that negative approach to writing my blog . My guess is you’re wondering right now why I’m going to Arizona and why I’m not on my way to the Philippines .... well originally I was supposed to fly away on my girlfriends birthday to go play ice hockey for a German team I used to play for all the time but then I’m not sure what happened as the plan originally was to go to Kenya and then we gave up on that as the locals were trying to rip us off for ice time and we all decided to go to the tournament in Manila instead . This was decided and there is a message thread to prove it all where I said count me in and I told the organizer I would finalize and pay for when I got back from Australia and the minute I landed I wanted to pay but was then faced with some bullshit and some lies which basically left me without a team . Pretty shitty on that German teams behalf but let’s just say I won’t be bothering with them again anyways . A female goalie was picked instead of me and I’m sure the prospect of having relations with this other goalie had nothing to do with this decision which in the long run ended up that this team lost their female goalie and the team they merged with asked me to play for them lol 😝 by this time my decision to go to Arizona with Kathleen was made and here I am . 

It’s Kathleen’s birthday this coming Monday and we will be at the Grand Canyon celebrating with no hockey 🏒, it’s not my birthday or it would be all hockey hahaha . Both of us have never been to Arizona and we have travelled all over the United States 🇺🇸 and when we were looking for a destination Arizona was both our first picks but we needed a reason to go .... are the Jays in town ? Is there a big concert ? Hmmm nothing came up on our initial searches . One night we were watching Combate Americas which is an MMA company owned by former UFC owner Campbell McLaren which we have watched on numerous occasions on my DAZN app and we’ve always enjoyed the fights and the commentary . That night we found out that Combate 39 will be in Tucson the weekend of Kathleen’s birthday and we immediately jumped head first into the idea of going and began researching things to do and building an itinerary . During that one  broadcast Campbell McLaren gave out his personal phone number and I urged Kathleen to message him saying we will visit from Toronto to watch the fights live . To both of our amazement he responded ? Yeah no shit ! Not only did we get a response but we were also invited to be guests of Campbell McLaren with VIP passes . I know you’re wondering WTF lol 😝 . No joke. This story is real and this is why we are both sitting on a plane as I right this on way to Phoenix where I will jump into our rental vehicle and drive to Tucson . As much as I say this is not hockey related you can bet your bottom dollar that if I come across anything hockey related I will be all over it like white on rice . 

Plane is about to depart now but stay tuned for more pictures and stories over the next week . 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah you probably not as pretty as the female goalie. Lol. I'm sure you had a better time with Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend that works at Grand Canyon not sure exactly where though

    ReplyDelete