Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Hockey Number Birthday



Last Friday i turned 39 ... that is my hockey number so i had to do something special . Being the Travelling Goalie i had the urge to get on a plane LOL so we flew out to NYC that morning . We being me and my amazing, forgiving person that allows me to do these crazy things . SO that means i didn't bring my gear ... there is a silver lining though ... after we went to the Bowery Electric to pick up our passes for the CBGB Festival (movies & music ) and as you can see i started my day with some good Brooklyn Lager :) Oh yeah back to the topic at hand ... i was meeting up with Alex Toul ! Well i was supposed to meet up with him Saturday morning but that changed as my plans were very flimsy and mainly included me having a glass of beer in my hand ... while i was at the Bowery i checked my messages and Alex wanted to meet earlier so we made plans to meet at the hotel . Yeah we went to the bar before the hotel so it was time to check in . Its my birthday give me some slack ok LOL !


We stayed up at Lexington & 45 E at this hotel called Club Quarters which by NY standards is cheap ?!?!?! Listen up the bottom line is NYC is not cheap , i am sure there is a cheap rough way to stay there but for me
travelling with my lady is not the most ideal way to be there ... and yeah NYC is one of those cities that she loves to come to so i haven't figured out the hostel scene but i am sure by the standards of food prices , etc.. that they are not so cheap either .... regardless beer in hand constantly aside from during taxi rides , i was getting nicely pissed up when i met Alex i think i was a good 6 or 7 pints in already .
 Alex is the creator of one of my favorite apps and websites out there http://hockey-community.com/newsfeed please check it out and sign up !!! We met up at a pub called The Perfect Pint which was just down the road from the hotel and let me tell ya , the pints were nice :) It was great to meet up with Alex and talk hockey , they have so many great new ideas and i tried to push a few of my ideas on him too hehehe . But seriously check out Hockey Community and sign up , start posting your tournaments , equipment sales , anything to do with hockey !!! lets bring the world together .


After we left the pub Kathleen and i had dinner reservations at the amazing restaurant called Beauty & Essex
which a friend suggested , very swank restaurant hidden behind a pawn shop . Of course i kept drinking ! Yeah i look pretty plastered in that pic hahaha ... anyways the food was awesome there , i even ended up trying something ... different .... the waiter suggested the bone marrow was one of his favorites and drunken Adrian agreed to try it :( yuck , not only was i drunk enough to order it , i even ate most of it and pretty much regret even thinking about eating that as i write this ... yuck yuck yuck . After dinner we jumped in another cab and flew over to the Leftfield bar to watch some bands performing for the music festival which was in bars all across NYC . There was a band in particular that we wanted to check out and thinking it would be packed based on all the press we thought this band was getting we decided to go early and watch the other bands . Oh yeah the band we wanted to watch was this hip hop/rock fusion band called Apollo Quad . Unfortunately all the other bands were great but not really what we came to see ... good thing there was beer there LOL ! and scotch ... yeah it got messy .


The crazy thing is that the bar was absolutely dead ... we were the only 2 people that watched these guys perform their set . And they were really really good , if you like good hip hop check them out ! I met up with them obviously and they tossed me a cd which i checked out and it is good . They were a bit confused why the bar was so dead too .... anyways the best part was that for me on a personal level i was kinda looking for that kind of atmosphere to watch some bands . We ended the night flagging down a black taxi , after impatiently trying to flag down yellow cabs we agreed to pay $35 for this black taxi with no meter .... i kinda regret paying double for the ride but at least he got me to my hotel . Kathleen claims i was passing out in the cab but i don't remember , by this point i was totally inebriated :) that was only the first day of my weekend in New York .... it gets crazier LOL ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment