Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

WOW air



Looks like i am going to Iceland ... actually it doesn't look like i am going , i booked flights ! Yeah last night Rainer messaged me all excited that he found some cheap flights with this airline called WOW . Usually i don't book flights unless it is with Air Canada or another Star Alliance member so i can collect my points . For some reason flights to Iceland don't work that way .

Flight from Toronto to Iceland was around $3000 , yeah ridiculous . So i am flying to Germany to fly to Iceland and it saves me a bundle . Not only did i book my flight but i also paid for my hotel in Iceland too by booking Rainer and Rudi's flights too . It works out better for me to pitch out all this loot now , instead of having to send a money transfer to pay for hotel . Money transfers are not cheap :(

So now that i have booked this i have to pay for it ... yeah money don't grow on trees . I am hoping to pay this portion of my trip off before July then start working to pay for flight to Europe (Germany) and spending loot . From the sounds of it i might have a tournament in Hamburg before Iceland and i might stay over 3 weeks just so i can play in Bratislava tournament . If i play in 3 tournaments in 3 weeks in 3 different countries i will be quite happy . Most i have done on a trip is 2 tournaments , last trip to Europe in January i played about 20 times in 21 days  . I think if i play in all 3 i will set a personal record for playing on 1 trip LOL .

The rest of the trip will begin to fall in place for now i just know that i will be flying from Berlin to Reykjavik from Oct 1 -8 ... sounds like a lot of my hockey buddies are coming on this trip . I can't wait :P 

1 comment: