Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Keep on plannin’



The past two weeks I’ve had off work ... as a freelancer that works in the film business these opportunities to stay home and catch up with life don’t come frequently and as most of my colleagues know , we work some crazy ass hours ! I mean I totally laugh when anyone tells me they worked a long day .... 10 hours :) we average 14-16 hour days and work 20-25 days a month . Do the math ! It’s mental isn’t it ? Doesn’t leave much time to socialize , do laundry , sleep or plan my trips which is more important then anything else I’ve mentioned . I’m joking 🙃.... kinda .... 



During this two week span of freedom I didn’t even dream of putting the call out to get any work , nah f$&k dat ! I took full advantage of it and got shit I needed to do at home in order and spent as much quality time with my best friend and partner in crime Kathleen :) don’t get me started , I’m not trying to be a sappy sucka but it was nice being with her and I’m realizing this all as I sit in a parking lot working today on a Sunday . It’s actually nice to be at work , especially after realizing how much this trip to Australia 🇦🇺 & New Zealand 🇳🇿 is gonna set me back . As I mentinoned in my last post we are not holding back on anything , booking everything in advance such as hotels and tours and adventure stuff ! And we aren’t going cheap on the hotels either , I’m not the Air B’n’b  kinda guy .... I wanna make a mess leave my room and come back at night and have my bed made and my room cleaned ! I’m on vacation . I don’t plan on cooking or cleaning at all .... I might even pay a service to do my laundry while I’m travelling :) won’t be cheap but this is a big trip and as I said earlier .... no holding back , not being cheap and fully going to enjoy every moment ! 



Right now I have all my flights fully booked , hotels are fully booked in Australia aside from Melbourne and most of my schedule planned for Australia aside from ice time in Sydney . New Zealand is open for suggestions and I could use another week off work to start figuring all that out but at the moment only flights booked and I have ice time sorted in Auckland and Dunedin . Might rent a car while I’m there to see both islands instead of taking bus’ around and depending on strict scheduling ..... if anyone has any suggestions feel free to comment ? I have a lot of ideas but nothing in place yet .... just might have to wing it while I’m there and book stuff last second but will see how things play out over the next couple weeks . 

If anyone has any suggestions on cool places to stay or awesome things to do or see while I’m in New Zealand , do t be shy ☺️ please let me know as I want to make the most of my two weeks there ! 

2 comments:

  1. Finding a perfect balance is difficult. I am still working on it, but I've learned a lot through trial and error.
    Hopefully after reading my advice below, you won't have to learn the hard way like I did.how do you contact them


    ReplyDelete
  2. We are constantly growing and so we propose an infinite amount of deals, travel to Europe and entertainment.

    ReplyDelete