Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2014

It is What it Is

Flights are booked and i am just finalizing my places to stay , hoping to make my trip as cheap as possible ... my trips are never what you would consider being cheap as i have already spent $1500 on flights to get to and around Europe . The trip is just about fully organized and will have me playing 3 tournaments in 3 countries in 3 consecutive weekends ... obviously this is the kind of trip i have been trying to organize for quite some time :) First stop will be in Skopje to play in a tournament there then i will head to Thessaloniki , Greece where i am really praying their new rink will be opened . I am planning to take a bus for this leg of the trip . In Skopje i will more then likely play for their second team newly formed called the Skopje Capitals .

Greece seems to be a tough place to organize my ice times ... its really no one's  fault aside from my tight schedule having me leave on a Thursday when most of the guys are playing on weekends in Athens so i am planning to go to Athens and i know there are dirt cheap flights from Thessaloniki but at the moment this leg is open to change so i haven't booked anything there yet ... there meaning in Greece . I will end up in Thessaloniki on a Monday and have to fly from Athens on Thursday so ... lets see what happens as i really really wanna add that Greek flag to my hockey bag :)

From Athens i will fly to Belgrade,Serbia and will spend a night there before grabbing a bus to Novi Sad for my second tournament . Not sure who i am playing for or if i am just there to fill in for multiple teams but regardless they know I'm coming and hopefully will get me onto a team instead of having me float around . Originally i was hoping Rainer would enter a team but because of the late announcement of the dates it was and is hard for Rainer to get a team together for this tourney . I am sure i will get onto a squad :) After the tournament i will either head back to Belgrade to see more of the city OR i will hang around Novi Sad an extra day or 2 then head by bus to Budapest,Hungary .

When i get to Budapest i am looking and hoping to find and connect with Attila Ambrus aka The Whiskey Robber !!! This would seriously fulfill a bucket list dream ..... if you don't know who he is read this book http://www.amazon.ca/Ballad-Whiskey-Robber-Transylvanian-Moonlighting/dp/0316010731 .... I will be meeting Rainer here and will join the Rainman All-Stars for my 3rd tourney in 3 weeks :) hopefully my body will hold up until this point HAHAHA ! After the tourney i jump on a plane to England .

When i land in London i will be back to being alone and will join my Aston Villa mates on the 2nd of December when i go watch Villa play Crystal Palace . Everything seems to be up in the air after this but from what i gather we have a car rented ( myself and Rainer ) and will head to Cardiff , Sheffield and Birmingham after this .... 8 days in UK driving around with Rainer :) there is a slight chance my good friend Timo will join us in UK but that is yet to be verified . At the moment these are my plans and i don't think they will change much as flights are already booked and some hotel and sleeping arrangements have already been settled .

I leave in 18 days and i can't wait :P 

1 comment:

  1. hey bud,
    when you're back in toronto i'd love to have you play as a rent a goalie for our service, mypuck.com. maybe a way to help fund the next trip? let me know!
    patrickherman@mypuck.com
    pat

    ReplyDelete