Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Don't Cry For Me Argentina




The past week has been absolutely insane for me as i worked on a commercial shoot and i did my best to help my friends from Argentina the best i could without seeing them really , stuck on set :( 

I just wanted to recap the amazing couple weeks i have had with these amazing guys & Anita :P ... Anita & Javier stayed with me the first couple days and i showed them around but it really was mental when i was leading the whole group around ... first stop was to take them hockey shopping . I took them to Toronto Hockey Repair/Goalie Heaven and they went buck wild buying gear from head to toe it was absolutely crazy but the staff there handled it amazingly and everyone was very happy at the end of the day ... i think we were there for about 3 hours ... then we went to King Slice next door for pizza !


The next day i went out to skate with them at their hockey school ... World Class Hockey . It was fun and the instructor was good , Jules actually has a few mutual friends with me and we shared a few laughs . He really worked them hard on day 2 .... I also took the guys to Katz's Deli down the road from The Rinx which is where they had their camp . Both myself and Jules were very surprised at the skills the Argentines showed us on the ice ... they were pretty good and definitely not beginners ! So on the weekend we set up a match between Team Argentina and my team the Ghetto Blasters !


I had to get them a goalie so a good friend Aaron Brophy stepped in and he played amazing , thanks again Aaron ! We didn't have refs and i thought we beat them but someone else told me the same score but with an opposite result so lets just say it was a draw . ( actually last night we played a real game but i couldn't make it due to bad weather ) After the game i brought the guys back to my place for the Super Bowl which nobody cared about but they did gobble up all the chili and sausages i cooked and actually left me with 2 cases of beer that they hardly touched LOL . They left after the first quarter and didn't really get to see my commercial :( which i promise i will write about in the next few days !!!


Anita & Javier dropped by this week to say bye and i was very sad to see them leave , they are truly an amazing couple and i am definitely looking forward to spending more time with them in July . I know i have made some true friends for life with these guys ... I really hope the rest of my hockey family gets to meet them all some day . This trip i will be going on will hopefully bring them and the rest of my friends together in the future for some great hockey trips and tournaments .

LAST but not least ... i tried my hardest to get some media attention for these guys and got nothing at all . I am personally disappointed that not one media outlet replied to any of my emails or calls . I am guessing that it is not morbid enough to report on such a great story like this . They are still here so if you are reading this and you are in the media then do something about it , please ! I have no clue why nobody jumped all over this to put in print or on the air ???? How many times has a team from Argentina visited Toronto to play hockey ???? My guess is 0 ....


Regardless i enjoyed meeting the Argentinians and i am sure everyone else that met these guys were just as intrigued so if you didn't get the chance to meet or skate with these guys then guess what ? that is your loss ! 

BOLUDO ! 






4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, Goalie. I'm Jose Luis,Anita'sdad, and old hockeyplayer. The best for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jose Luis , i look forward to meeting you as i have heard great things about you . thank you for the kinds words .

      Delete
  3. gracias por lo que hicistes por los chicos, te esperamos en Argentina, para hacerte sentir tan bien como ellos!! marcos montes

    ReplyDelete