Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cancelled Trip

Kinda disappointed ... i was planning to go visit Puerto Rico in a week , but i can't ! I am kinda stupid for even trying to book something at this time of year as it is time to pay the piper ... if you don't know i run a hockey club called the Ghetto Blasters in Toronto . At this time of year we have to finish our team payments and as a team organizer it is my duty to make sure we are all paid up OR i have to pay out of my pocket to cover guys that have not paid in full yet . I know you are wondering why and i had this chat with one of the guys that runs the league i play in and he said that if my team ever couldn't pay up and he had to take someone to court it would be me . Don't take it the wrong way he wasn't being a dick to me or anything it was a question i asked him before i decided to cancel the trip ... so with all that being said i had to cancel !

When i told Phillip ( my contact in Puerto Rico ) he was not too disappointed as the local government there is up to their old tricks again pissing him off to all belief . The first thing he said when i told him was its ok there is a Christmas Tree in the middle of the rink now , at this point i knew i made the right decision . Yeah in some countries it seems that local authorities don't know what they are doing with these rinks ... i am guessing it is going to be a big hit for pleasure skaters around this time of year ??? and i am sure if someone ends up tackling that tree i will be one of the first ones to see a picture of it LOL . i don't even doubt this happening ...

Onward and upward , i guess when i collect all this loot back from my team mates i can get my savings started for my big trip to South America . Still trying to get a solid answer from the friends i have made down there , the language barrier is pretty thick between us and i am pretty sure they rely mainly on translations online ... some don't seem to be getting good translations but regardless we are communicating which is amazing ! i have been trying to make contacts down there for quite some time with no replies ... and i am still trying to make a contact with someone in Montevideo , Uruguay ? i know there is a rink there , get me on it ! if its there and i can skate then i will come :)

At the moment i am dealing with teams from overseas that want to play in my tournament here June 21-23 , trying to figure out dates for this tournament in Ushuaia, Argentina and trying to get my team organized for an Easter Tournament ... just another average day for the Travelling Goalie .

Puerto Rico get that tree off the ice ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment