Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Things Don't Always go as Planned :(

Just under 4 weeks from now and i will be on a beach in Hawaii .... not in the water , on the beach LOL . Still waiting on some team decisions to be made , it is hard for me to sit back and let someone else make all the decisions and i hope i am not pissing Tim off when i try to help ..... it has become second nature since i started running my own team .

Last night i found out that the tournament in Cortina D'Ampezzo ,Italy was scheduled early ... Sep. 9-10 . I had thought that it would be Sep . 24th or something later ..... Last year i was in Europe in early September. My Ghetto Blaster team plays summer and winter leagues.... first couple weeks of September are crucial as it is summer playoffs and beginning of winter team . We won our summer championship last year ( without me ) and when i got back to Toronto about 3 weeks into the winter season i had found out that 4 losers had quit without paying . That puts me into the hole , and yes i lost money this year ... and no i don't want to talk about it :(

Regardless i am scrapping my plans to go to Europe this winter and instead i am going to a tournament i have longed to play in for quite some time . Probably the biggest tournament in Asia . BANGKOK!!!! BKK !!! End of October i will be going with Rainer ( you should all know Kackvogel LOL ) . Rainman All-Stars , GO RED !!! There is one slight problem for me with this ... i have been to Thailand before , so now i am looking to go somewhere else to play in another country . Popular choice would be to go to Kuala Lumpur ( i know a few guys would like to see me there :) At the moment i am looking at flights and BKK - KL is not cheap .... i remember flying from Singapore to BKK for $75 ( and had to pay $100 for my f#$king bag !) ....stupid SwissAir  . That's another story which i am not sure that i ever finished .... Asia 2008 . Might have to put some stories down here before i go re acquaint myself with my friends out there .

Well i better start my day now ... as usual hunting for work and hockey players to fill rosters !

No comments:

Post a Comment