Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Last Day of My UK Holiday

The last day of my holiday , no hockey played ... just hanging out with friends and family for the last few weeks enjoying life and relaxing . It has been a great time being on the piss everyday LOL ... Unfortunately my team (Aston Villa) lost the big game at the FA and I guess I should congratulate my friends that cheer for Arsenal on their record setting 12th Championship , you guys deserve it as your team looked much better then ours on the day :( so now that I have said that I can get back to telling you all about my last day in England ...

It was raining , I was still down in the dumps but I still wore my Villa gear with pride even though people were whispering around me about Villa losing ... assuming they are Blues fans ugh ! Chris Fetters is the last North American Villan here with me (to my knowledge) and its the last day for both of us ... he was staying out at Ben Mitchell's in Stourport and had to head to Villa Park to get something he couldn't find at the New St. store and wanted to meet up for some Wok & Go http://www.wokandgo.co.uk/ so I suggested we meet at the Villa Shop on New St. and walk over together since I had to get Karl McNelly a Villa top since there was a deal that I get a top for 10 pounds with my ticket stub :) ... can't wait to see a pic of you wearing the top buddy ! Your Baggies mates are gonna love it HAHAHA sorry Ritchie he has been chosen by The Villa !!!!

So we met up out front the Villa shop and headed to the Wok & Go , I don't usually eat so much ethnic food but because I am not on the ice and have no worries with eating stuff I don't eat regularly (you know pasta , etc...) this means its been a free for all of curry and asian delicacies . I've eaten Caribbean , Indian and now I am going out for noodles which is not something i usually do but hey if Fetters says its good then i'm down :) The rain isn't gonna let up is it ? We get to the Wok & Go and yeah Fetters was right the food was great and the portions were huge ... i couldn't finish my sweet and sour box .

As I've mentioned a few times , I have been drinking every day ... I thought I was gonna take it easy today but who was i fooling ? After our meal we headed to the Briar Rose http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-briar-rose which is a Wetherspoon and yes i know i have spelled the establishments name wrong a whole bunch of times on this trip ... sorry Wetherspoon's ! This is the same pub i went with Aideen too on her last day here a week ago so i am familiar with the surroundings :) Take a guess what happened when we got to the pub ??? We started drinking together , watched some tennis ... yes i know i don't come across the tennis or cricket watching type but you know the saying , when in Rome ! Chris is a cool guy , he works for Dawgman.com http://www.scout.com/college/washington/ which is a website for Washington Huskies fans ..... college sports in the USA is a big thing . Chris also does a radio show here too if you wanna check it out http://tunein.com/radio/Dawgman-Radio-p393605/ . Obviously hanging out and drinking beer with a guy like this and watching tennis meant there were a lot of wicked conversations based solely on sports with a little twist here and there . It was a pleasure hanging out but unfortunately he had to head out to Stourport and i had to go get some McCoy's crisps and Galaxy chocolates to bring home .... it was still pissing rain out :(

When i got back to my hotel which i am still totally loving ! Any of my mates travelling to Birmingham should definitely spend the extra couple bucks to stay at Jury's Inn ... loved it there and i won't turn back to Novotel or Travellodge which i could see as i looked down from the towering building , i was on the 14th floor :) great view of Birmingham ... too bad it was pissing rain STILL ! This was gonna be a bad storm . Karl sent me a message and i headed down to meet him out front , we headed toward the canal and found our way into a place called the Pitcher & Piano http://www.pitcherandpiano.com/where-are-we/birmingham as we walked in Karl mentioned that they might not let me in with my Villa hoodie on ... damn ! well they didn't mention it and we sat near the door ... i took my hoodie off .... gave Karl his top (welcome to the club) and we both had these delicious steaks , which i gobbled and didn't leave a crumb on the plate . Damn that shit was good . At this point i was done with drinking and just had a cola with my meal and i have to wake up early to head to the airport the next morning ... the 5 or 6 pints i had with Fetters was quite enough for me today thank you LOL ! After our meal we headed back toward the hotel said good bye and that was it ... it was still raining and pretty cold so it wasn't one of those long good byes hahaha .

That last night at the hotel i just packed my bags and ate the delicious  cookies they kept leaving for me in the room :) the rain was pounding on the double paned windows and i kinda like that sound ... it made for a comfortable sleep .... the sound of rain on the window is something that i have always liked . How else do you finish a trip in England ? you gotta have rain .

No comments:

Post a Comment