Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Back to Belgrade


Wasn't feeling too hot when I woke up but I found the energy to go grab breakfast and pack my bags . Nebojsa met me in hotel lobby to make sure I don't get lost again LOL ! We walked to the arena together and the sad reality started to kick in that I'm really gonna miss these guys here . When the tourney was over I heard a few guys saying they were upset because it was all coming to am end and that kinda kicked in as I walked to the rink with Nebojsa ... I truly made some good friends here and obviously the thought of going to Belgrade is not as good an idea as when I planned this trip . 

When we arrived at the arena I had to pack my hockey bag and Straja my favorite bartender showed up to drive me to the bus . He's such a great guy and another new friend :) I honestly can't stop gushing over how awesome this experience here was . When I left the rink I had to say bye to Nebojsa and that sucked but I'm sure he is happy with the tournament and that he can now rest ... It's a lot of work ! Organizing , reffing , playing ... And drinking beer ;) 

Straja got me to the bus 10 min early and we hung out told each other to stay in touch and we hugged and I was off for the hour bus ride to Belgrade . This time I decided to book a different hotel and when I got off bus at another terminal I needed a cab and one was waiting there trolling for a ride. It cost me 1000 dinars to drive me like 5 min away which is like $12 for me so it's cheap by my standards but is a ripoff by Serbian standards ... Regardless I don't care ! 

My new hotel is literally 30 second walk from the other trashy hotel I stayed at which is like $10 more a night . Queen Astoria Hotel is really nice and artsy , the staff are nice and helpful and what a difference $10 can make HA ! If you are wondering it's $60 cdn per night ;) totally cheap and worth way more then what I paid if you ask me . When I settled in and stunk up the room with my gear I needed to sleep. ... Still feeling rough from the night before . 

When I woke up I had to shave and shower up to A) go to meet Jovan or B) order room service and stay in ... Well Jovan was meeting some friends at a restaurant called Tezga so I joined them . Took a much cheaper taxi and met my buddy Jovan and his friends who were all very friendly . I ate a nice bowl of pasta and drank a few Staropramen beers as we talked about everything from soccer to hip hop . Jovan is a great conversationalist and seems to be happy all the time . Obviously another good guy ! If my friend Ali Crni in Toronto is reading this ??? You were right Serbs do love Canadians and yes we Canadians are not here often enough and that's why they like us here  .

I didn't get wasted or anything . It was a perfectly chill night ! Dinner , drinks and back at my hotel by midnight ... Hoping to do some tourist stuff today and meet my friends Alex and Uros hopefully ;) 

I love it here ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment