Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Back to Germany

We all woke up around 9 am met for breakfast and said our good byes to all our English friends . Daz drove back to England and Rainer drove Karl to Munich so he could fly to Hamburg . It always sucks saying bye but I know i will see most of these guys in the near future ... So we don't say bye we say see you on the next trip ! 

Timo drove myself and Kathleen to Fussen where we took some pics and joined his mom for a great lunch at Poseidon . It's a Greek restaurant , after we went to his moms for a nap ... We have a skate in Augsburg that night with a team called the Piranhas .

First we had to meet Rainer and drop Kathleen off , she was not feeling well :( I hope she feels better now . Most of us picked up this illness in Austria , yeah shitty ... But it's not gonna stop me from skating with the Piranhas . Besides my new buddy Tobi was the other goalie so it should be fun . 

Apparently most of the Piranhas did not show so it was a mixture of friends . Andy whom I met at a hockey camp in plzen was there , was good to see some familiar faces . Game on ! We go down 0-2 and Tobi is standing on his head ... I am at other end just waiting for us to break his goose egg and we did . Next thing you know we are up 6-2 and I can see Tobi getting frustrated with his teams defence . This is something that plagued me too, and it is never a good thing . As a goalie the last thing I should be doing is watching my team play instead of focusing on the play . 

The game got closer but we held on to the win ... I think the final was 8-7 . My team had younger players and they seemed to get the jump on the older guys when they began to get tired , but they never gave up ! 

After the game we headed back to Timos , we were all wiped out . We had played 4 out of 5 nights in 3 different countries ... It can get tiring , the next day was my last in Europe so obviously it was going to be crazy . I will write about it in the morning .... Just arrived in Morocco  . Time to chill ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment