Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 6 South America : The Repeat

It was beautiful yesterday , our last day in Rio ... Timo and myself planned with Antonio our tour guide to try doing another day trip as the one a few days ago was a disaster LOL . He picked us up at 9 am and we headed to the botanical gardens and it was so nice and relaxing ! The weather was great and our guide Andre was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic . If you are ever in Rio look up the Indiana Jungle Tours !!! Well worth it . Antonio owns and operates it and he is amazing he gave us our second trip for free to make up for the other day , we liked it so much that we tossed him some money to show our appreciation !

The botanical gardens were really nice , the weather was amazing and we saw so many cool animals like monkeys , toucans , turtles and egrits ! The monkeys were my favorite ;) there were 2 kinds we saw and there were plenty of them . Our guide Andre said we were lucky to see all these animals but the ultimate would be to see a sloth ... Unfortunately we were not that lucky and he said he only sees about 1 a year so it's like lighting striking hahaha!

After the gardens Antonio dropped off the other tourists ,which were from Australia (Very nice people ! ) and he took Timo and I to the Sugar Loft where James Bonds Moonraker was filmed ! The whole time we were humming the theme song . It was nice that Antonio took time out of his personal time to take us there . I can't keep saying how awesome this guy was ! Most everyone we met in Rio were amazing and to tell you the truth all this stuff you read about Rio being so dangerous is total bullshit ... Obviously don't go to favelas alone at night and stay in safer areas and you should have the time of your life ;) I am already hoping to go back with Kathleen next year ... Pretty sure it won't be hard to convince her !

We ended our day by meeting Ge' and he took us to the island he lives on to have dinner and meet his family , his kids are so cute and were so excited to meet us ;) and his wife seems to be his perfect match as she made us feel totally comfortable ! We were stuffed from dinner as we had another meat massacre ;) chicken pork beef all in one sitting ! LOVE IT but I am still pretty stuffed and that was like 17 hours ago hahaha .

We left the island and went for one last Batida de Coco at Oswaldos Bar and then went searching for this awesome alcohol so I could bring home but I had no luck and ended up at the arena for a somber good bye ... I was sad and it got worse when I had to say bye to Ge' :( this guy was so so so amazing and to be honest I feel as though I have made another life long friend . I will see you and some of the other passionate hockey de gelo players in Toronto in January but until then I will miss you all . Thanks for the memories and all your efforts , you all really made my stay in Rio golden and I will dream of coming back again ... Hopefully to play in a tournament on a bigger ice surface ;) I have faith that you guys will make it happen ! Until then OBRIGADO MI GUSTA :) 

1 comment:

  1. Thaks for the words.., man! Looking fawerd to have you back! I.m very glad you like here!
    Brax,
    GĂȘ

    ReplyDelete