Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Here We Go !

Today is the big day ... last night the Rainman AllStars came to my house and we partied !!! today i am waking up hungover ( didn't expect less ) and i still have to pack LOL ! Flight doesn't leave until later on so i have the day to get my head together and finalize the last few things i want to take with me .  I can't take much as i don't have much room as usual my gear is overweight so i will need to take 2 carry on bags i will put some gear into a carry on to make weight .

Pretty sure i want to go a bit earlier then 3 hours before my flight to beat the lineups and get some things straightened out ... like i don't want to have to collect my bags in the USA where my connecting flight is , have been trying to check in online and its not working for me ! It keeps asking where i am staying in the USA and i am not staying i am just connecting and there is no option for this ??? i don't care what anyone says it was much better when you just checked in with a human being rather then some stupid machine ... oh well i will get someone at airport to earn their pay cheque today LOL .

It is just such a dream come true to finally be going to South America to play hockey . This trip has been in the works for years , i mean i was trying to get a hold of someone down there way back in 2006 with no results ... only got in touch with some hockey players down there when i found them on Facebook . There is such a long flight ahead of me/us ( me and Timo ) he is still in bed nursing his hang over ... we really had a good time last night :) i am gonna miss my gf and my bed and my couch .... but its all gonna be worth it ! I will be on the road for the next 4 weeks experiencing some things that not many others have ever experienced and in some cases some things that no other people outside of certain countries have ever experienced ... we will be the first non south Americans to compete in both tournaments down there and that is very special to all of us going . We are pioneers in a sense and hopefully we can help promote the game down there and get more of our friends to go down there to help promote and build their programs .

I should start getting my baggage together now , hoping my gear is dry from my last game ..... also hoping all the hotels we stay in have fans for drying our equipment LOL ! The Tanzmanian Devil should be in the air soon unless he already is ? regardless i hope we all arrive safely to meet Ge' Cardoso at the airport in Rio ... he will be our host there ! look forward to meeting you Ge' ! might write something later on about our experiences clearing security ... usually i get a kick out of the whole procedure hahaha ! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Adrian!!

    You won't be the first non south American to compete in the End of the World Cup... one of the players that has been there on the first edition and will come back this year, he's from the USA (Matthew)

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well we will be the first ones in Punta Arenas , or so we were told .... and i am pretty sure that they told me i was the first one when they were all here in February :) whatever ! doesn't matter :) look forward to meeting you Noe !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least the first european :-!

      Delete