Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Birthday in Tachov


Yup I know I am getting older ;) woke up in the morning and went out for coffee and some light food with Petr . He met me at hotel riding his bike . When we head over to coffee shop i notice he has no lock for bike and he looks at me and says "do you know what is the best part of  this bike ... i never have to lock it , nobody wants to steal it " . The other thing i notice is this envelope he has on the back of his bike in the carrier , he brings it inside with him  .... We sit down order a nice cappucino and have a light snack and he tells me this is a special gift for your birthday . He hands it to me and i open it .... 2 tickets to see Malta vs. Czech in world cup qualifying match ! Unbelievable !

After breakfast we plan to meet Rainer whom has come out of his cave after ditching me last night at the bar ... we head over to River Restaurant for a lunch and Petr offers to drive us to the brewery for my beer bath . obviously we accept the offer and tell him we will meet him at Park Hotel in 20 min. Rainer says he needs to get something in city center so we walk over .... next thing you know we are at a hair dresser and Rainer is getting his hair cut !!! not really something i wanted to do , or knew we were doing and with time restraints this is kinda throwing a wrench into my plans to get drunk all day .when he is done we head to meet Petr at hotel where he is already waiting ....

We finally get to Chodovar Brewery which is in Plana,Czech Rep.really small town which i think is just the brewery and a few small farms around the area. We walk in and tell them we have an appointment at the spa and they walk us in to the change area ... the staff there don't speak English which totally blows but whatever ... i don't speak Czech either so it gives me a good excuse to do what i want ! When i am getting changed i put my swimming trunks on and Rainer laughs and says we must go naked ... ok ... so i am then lead to the tub full of beer , which we are both about to get into .... together , naked . kinda weird but whatever . it didn't really bother us .

We were having a great time drinking telling jokes recapping our crazy trip so far , and someone shushed us i think ... i ignored it and let out a big chuckle and we out for more PIVO ! i know sometimes i can be arrogant but when i am paying to do something i want to enjoy it in my way , so don't shush me unless you are paying for me ok ! we chugged another beer , and let me tell you that Chodovar beer is amazing .. if you have never tried it you should !


After our beer bath we were taken to this quiet room where we were wrapped in blankets and there was this serene music playing which i didn't give a shit for , i chugged another beer lying there and Rainer took a snooze ...zzzzz . When we woke up they told us not to shower which works for me since i plan on smelling like a brewery later on anyways :) After we were done we had to call Petr to pick us up ... he was going to be a little while so we went to the brewery area and tried some more pivo ... there we also tried the beer dipped sausage which was really amazing . great food great beer great experience .

Petr picks us up drives us to hotel and we go to the bar order 2 beers ...Rainer takes 2 sips and says he has to go meet someone and will be back in a few minutes . He never came back !!!! i drank my beer then i drank his .. payed for them and went to look for him and he was nowhere to be found . fucking guy ditched me again , probably for the same reasone he ditched me the night before . At this point i knew it was a mistake staying in Tachov instead of going to Plzen to watch the hockey game ... i get my shit together and walk over to arena bar to meet Petr and watch the game on big screen alone , Petr had to teach an English class . yes i know it is really fucking lame that Rainer took off and really i wish he didn't but he did . So Petr invites me in to meet his English class (while i am totally drunk ) and i accept ... at the first intermission of game he calls me into his class .

It was 4 students , 1 guy that was really shy 1 woman roughly my age and 2 older women , they were the wild ones of the class ;) and also had the best grasp of the English language . I sat in front of them as they tried to ask questions and i tried to get them to speak English . They were all beginners so i didn't expect much from them . When the intermission was over i headed back to the bar to watch the game and drink alone , it was empty there aside from the bar owner and 2 other people that did not speak English at all . Kinda depressing way to spend my bday .... Petr finishes his class and joins me with his students whom all wanted to speak to me more in English . The 1 older lady is a doctor that used to play goalie quite a long time ago and she is trying to tell me this story when she was in England , she was telling people there that this woman was fat . In German the word for fat is dick , she accidentally said this woman dick LOL . All the students laughed as they like learning bad words for jokes .... just as we all do !

Petr's wife showed up with Monty their dog and Rainer appeared on Facebook . He says he will get me to go for dinner and shows up and has a drink .... then we go to River which is closed !!! FUCK !!!! yeah this means there is nowhere to eat and there goes my bday dinner plans . takes me to this classy shithole for a bar and we order frozen pizza which is total garbage .... i am so bummed out that when we are done i just went back to sleep in my room ... Rainer went out to party !

No comments:

Post a Comment