Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Warmup


The zamboni has just finished clearing the ice . I step on go to grab the net and place it on its pegs , then i skate around to limber up and then place myself near the bench to do some stretches . After stretching i step into my domain ...The Crease

This is where most of you hockey players are lost . Do you all realize that most if not all goalies like to build their confidence during warm up ? Probably not ... seems like the majority think that at this time it is the perfect opportunity to light up your own goalie right ? Go top shelf a few times and make your goalie look shit ? Not a good idea kids ....

The warm up is for all of us , to get ready for the game to come . Now if you score like 15 goals on me picking corners then i am more than likely to be a little puck shy or to say fighting the puck . If you step up and just shoot pucks in my bread basket for 5 minutes then i am more likely to gain confidence and probably will end up having a better game :)


Don't take this as a rant , lately i have been asking guys to do this and they have been telling me that they never thought of it this way . It only makes sense that if i perceive in my mind that i can stop everything in warm up that i can do it in the game to follow whereas if i let everything in than my confidence might be a little shotty .... believe it or not if you guys all do this for your goalies it will help .

So the next time you are in a warm up try to hit the goalie instead of the water bottle .....

No comments:

Post a Comment