Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Week to Come


Tonight my Ghetto Blasters have a game against the Parkdale Newbies ...they are the last place team , but i take them very seriously as they have some talented players on their roster . The team is going through a bit of an upheaval and we are trying out skaters .... tonight we are bringing out a new centre . He is sure to be a hit since he is someone that Stro is bringing . Stro has a history of bringing out some quality players / people !
Last week was kinda crap ! Only worked 1 day , had a guy quit my team , had to remove another player and found out my plans for Europe in September were shot down because Cortina tournament booked their tourney 2 weeks early and i can't make it . With all bad things come the good , there seems to be a balance in my life lately like for example 3 weeks ago i vigilantly did everything not to lose a $20 bill , yeah i friggin lost it ! I was so lividly disappointed in myself for losing it and knowing it and probably knowing where and when i lost it too ... anyway fast forward to last week and i am standing in the rain in the (L)east end of Toronto waiting for my gf to pick me up and i am just pacing with no goal looking on the ground and in the murky sewer water from a melting block of ice what do i see peek out at me ? Yeah a $20 bill !!!!

Back to present day .... new players replacing old ones ( check! ) replacement trip for later this year ( check!) more work next week (hopefully ?) , things are looking up or i am just being more positive . This week i should be receiving a shirt from my friends in England ( particularly Stuart Girdler ) and the Army Air Corps "Ice Hawks" .... also my team going to Hawaii merged with a team from LA , the LA organizer seems very organized and needless to say i am waiting on a package from them in the next couple weeks to arrive as well . Looks like there is a free booze cruise and a huge party that we are now going to free of charge . SWEET !

Should probably get some coffee into me and start my day , as usual i am up way too early . I have a big announcement to make next weekend , keep all your fingers crossed as i think those of you that enjoy my stories will really really enjoy the surprise that is to come ????? Have a great weekend and stay safe on the ice !

No comments:

Post a Comment